This prestigious medical school is seeking a B/C or B/E Epileptologist to join 10 Adult Neurologists, 1 Pediatric Neurologist and 4 Nurse Practitioners in an established practice. The Health Medical Center, a trauma 1 facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the area.
The hospital is part of a multi-hospital health system serving 29 eastern NC counties and 1.4 million people.
- Employment by the health system – Community Based Practice
- Teaching and clinical research responsibilities with an opportunity for an affiliate faculty appointment with the medical school.
- Primarily outpatient focused position
- Inpatient Stroke call covered by the Health Medical Center Neurohospitalist team
- Extensive administrative office support
- 1:1 nursing support
- On-site Infusion Suite
- In office Lab, EEG, EMG and Nerve Conduction
- ALS Clinic
- The Health Medical Center has a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivists as well as a 75-bed CARF accredited rehabilitation center providing inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
The Medical Center
The medical center is one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, and is the flagship hospital to the medical school and serves as the teaching hospital. The Health Center has over 900-beds and serves as a tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people.
Widely recognized as a thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of North Carolina. The community offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, make this the perfect place to live, work and play!
- just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Numerous waterways and a Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private